Thursday, June 19, 2008

Eniskillen Northern Ireland

After the garden Ollie's dad wanted to go and look at ride on lawn mowers as his seeded lawn is just abut ready to be mowed. As he is loosing so much money on the exchange rates to Euro and things tend to be more expensive in Ireland it made sense to make the trip to Northern Ireland where he could buy in pounds.

We were dropped off at the shopping center so I could go in Next to spend my vouchers as I had been most disgusted to find they had closed the duty free one at Gatwick while they do a big refurb.

I didn't find anything in Next but I did get 2 tops and a magazine in Asda!!!

As we went back to meet Paul and Anna the heavens opened again and we ended up getting soaked.

That night was a trip out to a traditional Irish pub. I had the lamb shank which came with mash with spring onions in it and vegetables complete with traditional Irish red cabbage. Unfortunately I didn't get a Guinness as we I had agreed to have wine and I thought it might be rude to ask for Guinness as well!!

Ollie had steak with Garlic butter which was absolutely gorgeous. My lamb was very good. Huge (you could feed a family of 4 with it!) but I'm not sure it was as good as the one we had at the George at Newnham.

Anna and I had rhubarb crumble and the guys had Toblerone cheesecake both of which were very nice.

After that and coffees it was home to bed as it had been a very long day out in the car. The one problem with Ireland was that it didn't seem to get dark! Well it did at about 11:30pm (when there were no clouds) and it was light well before we were ready to wake up!

No comments: