Friday, March 07, 2008

A potentially bad day turns out ok!

Wednesday I had my third exam in the morning - which I passed! I was very relieved as it was a really boring module that I hadn't really got into. Then in the afternoon I had the dentist. After waiting in the waiting room for 45 minutes, I spent 2 minutes with the dentist for him to say yes all looks fine - floss more!

Sunday I had cooked roast dinner for all the family for mother's day. It was really nice and the pork turned out much better than expected.

Other than that there is not a lot to report. Ollie and I went to Beefeater on Wednesday evening to celebrate my exam pass, and we decided to give our local Beefeater one last chance to impress us as the last few times the food hasn't been great. We waited 10 minutes before we were even seen at the little podium thing. Then the waitress forgot to put our side dish through and we didn't get it until we had nearly finished our mains. Our chips weren't cooked - they were hard in the middle! Plus our side of garlic bread was literally one thin slice of brown bread that had been soaked in garlic for about 24 hours and then had about an inch of cheese on the top which hadn't melted properly where it was so thick. The onion rings and the mushrooms were burnt! So we were so annoyed at this point that I never even got my chocolate brownie sundae that was the sole reason that we went! So I'm now off to the feedback website and we certainly won't be back to that one!

No comments: