Tuesday, March 25, 2008

A busy busy bank holiday break

What a busy weekend.

Our major project for this weekend was to paint all the woodwork in the lounge and the dining room. Friday we primed, Saturday we undercoated and Sunday we did the first coat of gloss. Now it looks so good - like it's almost finished! We need to do another coat of gloss next weekend and I'll post some photos then. Then all we will have left to do is put the paintings and the mirror up and paint the radiators and the lounge will be done. We still need to sort the cupboard door out in the dining room and paint the woodwork up the stairs and on the landing.

I also planted out some more vege seeds and Ollie mowed the lawn on Friday before it spent the rest of the weekend snowing! It didn't lay but it was very cold and wet. The cats had dug up the courgettes that I had planted the previous Sunday so I wasn't very pleased about that!

Other than that we went to Prezzo for dinner on Friday night with Ollie's dad, Anna, Gemma and Marc. It was a very nice meal although it will be sad that we won't get to see Ol's dad as much now as he has moved to Ireland.

Saturday we went to Helen and Alan's for a poker night. I lost, which was a shame, but it was a good night, even if we didn't get home until the early hours.

Sunday we went out to the Bear in Faversham with Nigel, Sara, Paul, Hannah, Ian, Tom, Ashleigh, and their friend Harvey. It was quieter than we had expected in there and we had the whole front bar to ourselves for most of the time. We left when they moved onto the Sun, although we did bump into Peter Ehman and Sam in there!

Yesterday we went out to Grove Ferry with Mum, Dad, Laura, Wayne, Nan and Granddad for lunch. Laura and Wayne are thinking of hiring it for their wedding reception. It was a nice place and will be lovelly on the river front in July (if it's not like last year!!!) but we will have to hire a room I think as it took us ages to get there and home again.

We have 6 over for dinner tonight so I made lasagne last night so I wouldn't have to rush today. I'm hoping to be let home early today as lots of people haven't made it in because of the train problems in Essex.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Vinho, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://vinho-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Yizz said...

Hey look you got an admirer!!

Yizz said...

Tagged!! Visit my blog and then answer the questions :)