Saturday, December 04, 2010

Following instructions

Mum will agree that I've never really been able to follow instructions. I will mostly follow the spirit of the instructions but most of the time I will just do my own thing.

This morning was no exception. The 'instructions' (well really the response to my question "How can I help") from Ollie were "Can you please take all the snow off the car and put it the other side of the skip?" In my head this translated to Kelly can you use the snow on the car to make a giant snowman in the front garden!




Ollie was most amused that the facial recognition on my camera recognised the snowman's face rather than mine. Of course he is a Spurs supporter snowman. I have never made a snowman all by myself this big ever! And this was just using the snow from the car. I know he won't last very long because the snow is starting to melt today and it will probably be gone tomorrow but I had a great morning!

We did really well, we have cleared the drive, the path and the road in front of the house and may be able to go out tomorrow. It just depends on how icy it gets over night. Ollie also cleared the ice from all the gutters round the extension as next doors gutter has given way under the weight of the ice and is hanging precariously from their house!

We did witness some really stupid behaviour while we were outside, from downright dangerous driving down the road (far too many revs in too low a gear) to the lady over the road shovelling snow from where her car tyres will run to the gap between the wheels (she now has a 2 foot pile of snow where the middle of her car will drive, how she ever thinks she going to drive out I have no idea).

No comments: