Monday, January 08, 2018

Sunday Warhammer, baking and games night

Sunday morning saw the last of our group Warhammer games before Nigel goes back to sea. There was no Tom, and Nigel couldn't get to ours until 10 so Ollie sat out so he could get some chores done and Nigel and I played a 50 point objective mission game.

It was a close game and at 1 point I thought I was going to loose miserably. However, I got a bit lucky with my objective cards and picked up one for my warlord that I managed to achieve giving me 6 points in one go. I finally got my new hand to hand guys into a fight in the last round and they were really effective.

Nigel managed to loose Samuel fairly early on (as usual) but at least this time he didn't blow himself up.

In the afternoon I baked healthy chocolate brownies for dinner, some for Ollie's lunchbox and a coffee cake for after dinner snacks for this week along with mushroom puffs for lunch.

At 4pm we headed over to the Farenden's for dinner and games. We played who's the dude first while Kiera watched cartoons. She was coming down with a cough so was feeling very sorry for herself. We had fajitas for dinner which were very tasty and then after Kiera had gone to bed we started a game of Catan. I got to pick the version so we played one with fish that we hadn't done before. It gave an interesting element to the game, but my strategy didn't pay off and it was pretty clear from early on that I wasn't going to win. Nigel emerged victorious which made up a bit for his early Warhammer defeat!

No comments: