Friday, July 06, 2007

20/20 cricket (well 5/5 anyway)

Everyone at work was feeling a little delicate today. Yesterday was the annual company trip out to the cricket at the Oval. Armed with £50 each of company money we made the trip across town.

I started off on Scrumpy and we had a burger and curly fries which wasn't cooked in the middle (we are all blaming feeling rough on the burger!) And while it was still raining we stood around under umbrellas and had a few more to drink.

We finally got some play and they decided to just have 5 overs per side which was a really good slog, with Sussex only beating Surrey by a narrow margin of about 5 runs.

After the cricket finished we all piled across to the pub for "a quick one for the road" at 9:30 I asked one of the guys to walk me to the station. Ok he said and suggested to the others that they took me to Victoria and then continued their drinking at Liverpool St. Oh no another guy says, you won't make the 10 o'clock train, you can get the next one can't you? We'll make sure you get it. So off we trundle finally at 20 past 10. When we got to the tube station I wasn't paying attention and follwed the guys onto a tube. Unfortunately it was going in the wrong bloomin direction. I hopped off at the next station and noone followed, bye they said, good luck with your train. I missed it by 30 seconds. I was not a happy bunny and sent one scathing text to my boss about how I hated him and I would never forgive him for making me miss my train!!!!!

I finally got home at 1:30 so am feeling very tired today. Needless to say Ollie wasn't too happy with me either as I had omitted to tell him that we were going to the pub after and he was worried when he didn't hear from me.

1 comment:

Yizz said...

You is a very norty girlie!!