Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Another busy weekend – Why all the rain?

Another very busy weekend for us. Friday I was so tired, it had been a long old week and I was ready for the weekend to start. I wanted to go to the gym but didn’t have the energy. Then Ollie suggested we go to Bluewater! Of course I have energy for Bluewater and it involves lots of walking so that’s good for me.

I got a new outfit for next weekend, as I can no longer fit into my posh frock. Diet’s going ok this week though as my Jeans are no longer straining at the seams! Then we went home via Sainsbury’ (for microwave popcorn) and to watch Die Hard which we had sky plussed.

Saturday we went swimming and I put yet another coat of paint on the bathroom. We were going to do the rest of the floor tiles but we need to use the tile cutter outside and it hasn’t stopped raining!

Saturday night we were off out to the pub for Ian’s birthday. Expecting it to be packed and smoky the night before the smoking ban we were apprehensive. However, when we got there the pub was pretty much empty. Then Ian turned up with his sister Helen and she told us that the pub had a cockroach infestation which would explain the lack of people! Didn’t put us off though and we enjoyed a nice quiet evening.

Sunday morning was a trip to Sainsbury’s for the weekly shop and yet another coat of paint around the edges of the bathroom. I also finished a paper LO that I started last week of Ollie’s graduation. I’m still not back in the swing of things but it’s ok.

Sunday night we took the Wii around to Helen’s for dinner. Dinner was wonderful (Roast beef and then lemon cheesecake and lemon meringue pie for desert) and playing on the Wii is great fun after a few glasses of wine and with mates! Which reminds me we haven’t had a Singstar night since we moved in and Nigel’s back soon…

1 comment:

Yizz said...

Hey did you forget your parents came round for a cuppa?