Friday, June 29, 2007

Summer?

Wednesday was pay day! I am in desperate need of summer clothes so I took myself off to Oxford St for a little late night shopping. First stop the huge new Primark (classy girl as I am!) Where for once I didn’t get beaten up (too much) and actually managed to find some clothes on hangers and shelves and not on the floor!

I got 5 pairs of trousers and some socks and queued for ages as usual to pay. When I got to the door to leave I found that the heavens had decided to open and it was raining in a torrential kind of way. Now I had just that afternoon got a new company umbrella, but they only had the big golfing umbrellas that I had decided was too big to lug across town. Primark sold very nice pink spotty ones for £3 but by that point I was fed up with the queue so decided to make a dash for Dorothy Perkins, 3 shops or so down the road. By the time I got there me and my silly paper Primark bag was so wet it completely disintegrated leaving my new clothes in a soggy heap on the floor! I was not impressed and had to keep shopping to find something to buy to get a sensible plastic one to put all my bits in.

What’s going on? It’s raining, blowing a gale and freezing again today and it’s July on Sunday! I’m blaming global warming and am reducing my carbon footprint accordingly (I refused to have a carrier bag in Sainsbury’s this morning.)

No comments: