Sunday, June 10, 2007

Start as you mean to go on...

Yesterday was the official start of our week off and therefore the beginning of the bathroom renovation. First on the list of things to do was to find the kitchen under the mountain of washing up so we could actually find our way to the bathroom! (Ours is an old terrace house with the bathroom downstairs off the kitchen.)

Next was the monster trip to B & Q. We took mum along as dad was asleep having worked a night shift. She was in charge of the list and I must say is worse at holding the list than me! ( I always miss things so we have to go back and forth a million times!) Although Ollie didn't grumble at her nearly as much as he would if it had been me!!!

After spending a small fortune it was back home for fish and chips and to assess the situation and do a game plan. First off was draining the central heating so we could remove the radiator which will be replaced by a nicely plumbed in heated towel rail wotsit. No real dramas with this although it must be the most boring job in the world with us sitting in the bathroom taking turns on my Nintendo DS and occasionally emptying the bucket. (took 2 of us as you need 1 to put finger over draining hole and 1 to empty said bucket)

We also took all the raw plugs and screws out the walls. Unfortunately they used really long screws for the radiator bracket that went back to the brease blocks. These were stronger than the surrounding plaster which I think was made with 90% sand. This just crumples if you look at it so we ended up with some wopping holes in the wall! I do enjoy plastering...

Anyway, I also got the window sill plastered which has been without tiles for 10 months!!! I'm quite impressed with how flat and smooth it is to.

1 comment:

Yizz said...

HUH! I was the bestest list holder in the world. I didnt loose it, I didnt loose you and I crossed everything off we got, wot more you wanting??!!