Friday, June 22, 2007

Company away day

Yesterday was our school trip away day team building wotsit for work. I was dreading it, be in London for 10 to 8 (meaning I had to get up at ridiculous o’clock) and then a 2 hour coach journey. Now I get really travel sick in coaches. It’s only coaches and only when I go around corners! So I dosed myself up with travel sickness tablets and put the silly wristbands on and gave in and sat at the back of the bus with our rabble and the finance director! I don’t know what worked but something did as I didn’t feel sick at all. I did have the Mickey ripped out of me because of my wristbands and the fact that I had chosen to wear my festival hat.

We got stuck in road works but eventually got to Woburn Safari park. We were a bit late and the coach driver had another job so we must have had the quickest trip around the safari park known to man. We were over taking all the cars and nearly took out a buffalo, lion and a zebra! We did get to see Shane the lion having sex – twice! And a five legged zebra that only really have 4 legs if you know what I mean!

We had breakfast and were then herded into the most boring conference for an hour and a half. I did fall asleep at one point – Bobbie had to hiss at me to wake up! Not so that I wouldn’t get in trouble but because she didn’t feel it was fair that I got to go to sleep and she didn’t! My tablets did say may cause drowsiness and I’m blaming it on that.

After a very nice BBQ lunch we were given very complicated challenges to do. I was unfortunately in a team with our manager who is not a team player at all. Needless to say we came last but by that time another bloke and I had got so fed up that we didn’t go to the ‘awards’ ceremony and had a go on the swan shaped pedalos instead.

We have had a laugh at my managers antics in the office today. Apparently he thinks that I am very cleaver but I scare him!

No comments: