Thursday, June 14, 2007

Birds, Tiles, Toilets, Paint and a new bath!

I am sooo tired. We have been working so very hard so far this week. I have muscles that ache that I didn't even know existed.

After the last post I was suddenly woken at 4am. Lying there wondering what woke me up I can hear the birds outside making a terrible racket. As I wake up I think, hold on - one of those chirps is coming from inside the house. Shaking Ollie awake (who was dead to the world still) I say "the cat's got a bird" By the time we put our glasses on and get downstairs, the poor thing is pretty much dead on the floor at the bottom of the stairs. Brian (the cat) gave it up quite readily. It's his very first catch and I do hope he doesn't make a habit of it. We were quite surprised though. This cat spends 22 hours a day asleep on the bed and is about 3 sandwiches short of a picnic!

Well what's been happening on the bathroom? Loads really. We now have most of the tiles on the floor. It is impossible to cut tiles in a curve! There's just 3 or 4 that need fiddly bits cutting and 2 by the side of the bath that we need to put the bath in first to see how big they need to be. There's 3 coats of paint on the wall, and it still needs another coat.

After having 2 days of no toilet or a toilet that you can't sit on in case it moves and have to flush with a bucket we now have a toilet which flushes, and Ollie is putting a loo seat on at half time in the football as I type. It's amazing how many things you can do around needing the loo. Such as we need to go to B & Q, we'll wait until we need a wee as there's one there! We'll have lunch in Sainsbury's and we can do a wee while we're there!

We've spent all day fiddling about with the bath and have had yet another trip to B & Q to get our new radiator towel wotsit. Hopefully tomorrow we will have hot water back again and a bath that you can put water in and water can come out of!!!!!

Photos...

1 comment:

Yizz said...

I is very impressed with your bathroom plumbing and liking the tiles.

Brian is deffo special needs isnt he?