Monday, July 16, 2007

...And a funeral

Sadly one of our rabbits, Harry, died last week. Ollie dug a hole while I was at work on Saturday and we had a bunny funeral when I got home. We have no idea why he died, he was fine in the evening and then the next morning he was dead.

Fuzz, our remaining bunny, seems very sad and lonely and hasn’t wanted to come out of his hutch to play all weekend.

Yesterday we went to Ollie’s dad’s for a BBQ. His girlfriend, Anna, doesn’t like BBQs so was having one to give it a go. I helped with the cooking, and did the chicken, lamb kebabs and a few of the new potato kebabs (I’d never had potato kebabs before, but they were ok). I left the sausages and burgers to Ollie’s dad. They had cheated by part cooking the chicken legs (by boiling them?!?!) so they only really needed charring. So I’ve cooked it and dished Ollie’s out first so he can try it to test if it’s cooked! They were all fine and the lamb kebabs were really nice. Yet Anna still managed to complain that her chicken was pink (it wasn’t pink it was the colour of a chicken leg) and that her lamb kebab wasn’t cooked properly. Well it was cooked, the lamb wasn’t even pink; apparently her problem was that the courgette and onion were hard. Well it will be I said, because they take longer to cook than the lamb. So I don’t think that we’ve converted her into a BBQ lover. But I had an ok time, drinking sangria and sitting in the sun talking to Gemma.

No comments: