Sunday, March 29, 2009

Garden part 3

Although the weather hasn't been as nice this week meaning we were unable to get out and finish the rest of the fence and the decking, spring seems to have fully arrived. My tulips are blooming and my japanese maple has lots of leaf buds. Although my daffodils don't seem to want to flower yet.


My vegetables are coming along nicely in the greenhouse and some of the seeds that I planted last week are beggining to grow.

The ant-cat measures last week failed miserably! They had even managed to dig underneath the plastic tunnel. So this week I have increased the defences with some heavy duty netting, lots of tent pegs and some twine. I'm still not sure how I'm going to weed, or harvest my crop yet, but at least they should get a chance to actually grow now!


The other half of the vegetable patch has also been dug ready for the plants out of the greenhouse and I do have some more netting for then too!

No comments: