Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Garden

Fences

A couple of weeks ago we decided to finally paint the fences. I don't think that they've ever been done before and they were looking a bit grey.

We had decided on a Ronseal colour but Homebase and Focus didn't have any. Focus did have one of their own brands in a similar colour on buy-one-get-one-free. So we got 2 tins and set to work. It took us all day to paint 10 panels with one coat (they need 2 coats) and we were exhausted afterwards. We also used one whole tin. (We have about 40 odd fence panels) So last weekend I was back off to Focus to get some more tins while they were still on offer, but they had been discontinued! I did discover that they did the sprayable version also on BOGOF.

2 Sunday mornings later and we've done both coats on the top half of the garden and one coat on the rest of the garden apart from by the decking as we need to do that first. It's so much easier and quicker with the spray! It looks really good already.


Green Fingers?

My seeds are doing ok, and I planted out my petunias in the flowerbed after putting down anti-weed matting. I will have some woodchip down once the rest of the flowerbed is planted and we've just ordered the edging for the flowerbed.

My vegetable seeds are also growing very well. I have broccoli, cabbage and lettuce poking their heads up in the greenhouse and my chilli plants just about starting to grow in the spare room.


I also have some nice spring bulbs flowering.

No comments: