Sunday, September 19, 2010

A baker I am not

For my birthday I got a food processor and a book on making novelty cakes. I also got a giant cupcake silicon mold. Eager to try them out I spent this afternoon in the kitchen. I have also volunteered to make something for the Macmillan charity coffee morning on Friday so I needed to practice.

The actual sponge didn't turn out too badly - but co-op didn't have any ready made icing and didn't have any liquid glucose either. So I did the best I could with what I had but the icing was a bit too crumbly and just kept getting stuck to my work surface. Plus I hadn't cut the sponge quite flat on the bottom so the top half kept sliding off the bottom where the jam had got runny.

Anyway, here is Doris the dragon...


And my giant cupcake, which I don't think I trimmed quite enough so it looks more like a toadstool.

1 comment:

Yizz said...

Yep, not a baker!