Thursday, September 13, 2007

Come on England!

Another match at Wembley last night. As we have the week off and it was an evening game we decided to make a day of it and go to London early and go to the Science museum.

I packed a picnic which we ate on the train. Ollie joked that he had taken me out for a picnic on the train and we were only going to the car park of the museum and then coming home again! (Long standing joke as that's mainly all Grandad did when we were small!)

I can only remember going to the Science Museum once before and we only got a quarter of the way around before we got tired and went home. Well I can quite understand that as we didn't see everything yesterday either! We did see the really real Stephenson's rocket and some other cool stuff. I did far too much learning and Ollie even explained the developed theory's of the atom (has something to do with raisins in puddings!) It was a little disappointing as they had closed a lot (I suppose for the after holidays gig about) and were redoing the bit where you get to be all hands on with Science. I was well chuffed that I managed to make a 3D pyramid with 4 3D tetrawotsits all by myself!!!

So then it was off to have a cup of tea and a rest before dinner at Garfunkels again. Which was just as nice in Piccadilly circus as it was at Victoria.

Then we went to Wembley, via Wembley central this time. We're not doing that again as it's about 3 miles from the stadium. We had a much closer view of the pitch this time see...
Well we were 2 rows in front of where we were on Saturday!

It was a fantastic game and I managed to rattle my brain cheering so hard when we scored (all three times!!!) Ollie had remembered his scarf and I was annoying people (well Ollie anyway) with my flag. We are going to see Spurs play Arsenal on Saturday so we are hoping for a hat trick of 3 - 0 scorelines!

2 comments:

Yizz said...

Its a shame you cant remember all the times I took you to the Science museum, and the Museum of Moving images, and the GBOR's one too since 2/3 of those are now shut down and half the science museum is up for renovation.

Bet it was great at the footie, it was fairly exciting in my scrap room listening to Live 5 on the pc!!

Kelly Matthews said...

No I remember the moving image museum, that was really good. What's GBOR?