Monday, September 10, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Yesterday was my birthday!

I had a really fantastic day. Ol got me a load of stuff for my wedding album. I had said that I wanted some Bazzill and Basic Grey. So I put a load of stuff in a basket on the Internet and left the laptop open in the hope that someone would come along and pay for it and they did! My teddies, however, did not get the plan and went out and got me 2 Sainsbury's packs of fresh Basil and would have got some basic grey school socks if they had them in stock!

I had pancakes for breakfast. Although I am not as good as Alan at doing funky faces and shapes. I spent the morning playing and reorganising my stash. Not having scrapped in a while I didn't feel ready to start the wedding album so did a photo that I had printed last week with my free photobox credits. It's basic grey Scarlet's letter repose and some Bazzill with Scarlett's letter fibres.

Then nan and Grandad came over. They brought mum's gift as she was in bed with a migraine after looking after Laura's dog all night. Mum got me some snazzy fine liner pens in lots of colours and some filters for my camera, so look out for some funky photos coming up in the future! Nan and Grandad got me Singstar 90s for the PlayStation. That's almost a complete set now!

After lunch (cheese on toast) Helen and Alan came over. They got me the nicest new handbag. Although you do know you're old when your friend gets you a present from Marks and Spencer's and you like it! We cannot believe how much Ethan has grown up in the 4 weeks or so since we saw him last. He's now running all over the place but he's not very good at steps at the moment. He's so cute as well. They went home with their tile cutter and a lot of apples and pears for Ethan's dinner! Just as Gemma and her gang turned up! They had got me Pirates of the Caribbean for the Wii and brought Ol's dad's present of Harry Potter for the Wii. Harvey spent the whole time getting all our DVDs off the shelf and laying them out on the floor!

We had Chinese takeaway for dinner and played Harry Potter, then watched Garden State. The day was finished off with some Singstar which even Ol had a turn at. He was good at Crash Test Dummies, but not so good at Achey Breaky Heart!

All in all it was a fantastic day and I did so well with presents and cards and happy birthday texts and messages on Facebook. I'm going to have to write a whole new list for Christmas and I thought that I would have enough on there to last me until next Birthday!

No comments: