Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tides and picnic in the park

Sunday morning we went to Tides (a leisure park) for Ollie’s nephew Sebastian’s birthday. We had to meet in Deal (an hours drive) at 10am. And we were to bring our own picnic. Having not gone to bed particularly early as we were up playing monster trucks on the Wii with mum and dad that’s very early for a Sunday! So we forwent the packing of the picnic and just headed off to Deal. I’d wrapped Sebastian’s birthday presents that morning and left on the side. When Ollie asked me if I had it I said “no, it’s on the side” thinking he would pick it up. The thought I was going to pick it up, so it got left behind!

We arrived just before 10, everyone else got there about a quarter past! Anthony had been to a stag party the night before and had a monster hangover. He didn’t make it inside, electing to sleep in the field outside instead.

I think a great time was had by all. It was very tiring though with an 8 year old and 3 under 4s. We worked out a system of how to go really fast down the flume… until Ollie lost his glasses coming down the last time and found them again with a few scratches!

We had to pop to Sainsbury’s for some picnic food but then had a nice afternoon in the park. Ollie played football and I managed to catch up with Jenny’s gossip.

It was a bit windy and cold which belied the heat of the sun and I ended up w bit sunburnt!

No comments: