Sunday, August 05, 2007

War of the weeds

Having seen how nice our neighbours garden looked last night I was inspired to attempt to do something with ours. So at 10 o’clock this morning, slightly worse for wear I was waging war on some of the biggest nastiest most vicious stinging nettles I have ever seen! Most of them were bigger than me! So I’ve cleared the area next to my vegetable patch, the nettles under the trees and the whole of the area at the end of the garden where the BBQ goes. It took me until 1 to finish. Plus I also sprayed weed killer on the path and the patio having got fed up with keep pulling the weeds up. I have burnt my back where I was bending over to pull weeds in blazing hot sunshine. It’s no coincidence that the areas in the shade now have less weeds than the areas in the sun!

Mum's having a BBQ this evening, but we elected not to go. 3 BBQs in 2 days is a bit much, even for us, our car is still abandoned at Helen's and we need a rest! Ollie is now downstairs watching football and we're going to have a nice evening watching our film.

No comments: